Representation Through Humiliation

3/22/2005

What is wrong with these people?

Ugandan rebels attack women, cut off breasts

Ugandan rebels attacked a group of women collecting firewood in a remote village near the Sudanese border, hacking off their lips, ears and breasts, a government official said Monday.

Yes, you have to read that more than once to actually let it sink it what they are doing. Even in war, which we all know is brutal, how does a person bring themselves to do something so very cruel. It's even beyond that. It's downright evil.

Do these people not have mothers? Sisters?? Daughters?? How can they possibly justify what they are doing in their own mind?

And yes, as a way of introduction, this is my first post here as a guest blogger. Hope you enjoy the thoughts that run thru my head as much as I do!

And thank you for this opportunity GreenEggs. I promise I won't scare anyone away!! (yet)

And for those of you who are brave enough to read more of my thoughts, visit me here.