Representation Through Humiliation

4/20/2005

Passing the Blame

Woo-hoo! Time for another round of "Translate the Bushspeak!"

(The Bushspeak is in regular font with our translation/response in bold.)

Bush in an address at the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Conference:

But I want you to know what I think.
Cue cricket sound effects.

I think in the long-run, the best way to protect America, the best way to spread the peace, the best way to leave a legacy for our children and grandchildren is to spread freedom around the world.
If your children are REAL Americans, they will FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! Uh... for...freedom. Right...freedom.

I do not believe freedom is America's gift to the world.
I am America's gift to the world you fools!

You've just got to know that about our foreign policy.
Someone's gotta know something about our foreign policy, right?

I do believe that freedom is a gift from the Almighty to each person in this world. And I know that free societies will be peaceful societies.
Yup... War in Iraq: totally God's fault. Don't shoot the messenger, man.