Representation Through Humiliation

5/20/2005

Headline Scan: The Homecoming Edition

Still struggling to stay daily after all this time...

(NOTE: Ok, I've know I've ran out of excusable abscenses, but this time I was actually very ill and the most I could do was defend the Fry from the extremely one desperate hacker who keeps figuring out my password and posting his right-wing writings on my blog. Sorry for the inconvenience. I nkow you don't you don't forgive me anyway, but...)

Obviously much of the paper buzz today centers on the release of the sixth and final installment of the Star Wars series. Aparently, the movie is quite good and performed extremly well at its midnight debut, grossing a good $50 million. Some concerns are being raised due to the "political" nature of Lucas's latest. Scattered conservatives claim the movie slams President Bush through comparison to Darth Vader. They claim Vader's "If you are not with me, you are against me" quote in the movie is much like Bush's "If you are not with us, you are with the terrorists."

What these people fail to realize is that this comparison is frightengly accurate. Both men in question are evil, rutheless, and power-hungry self-appointed kings of their domain. So perhaps we can actually learn by this supposed comparison rather than yell at Lucas.