Representation Through Humiliation

7/02/2005

A Leak in the Pipes

Here's a story that I'm just discovering which I feel merits a post of its own:

The White House will cooperate with the Justice Department in its initial inquiry into who leaked the classified identity of a CIA operative, but will not launch an internal probe and will not ask for an independent investigation, a spokesman said Monday.
(CNN) via AMERICAblog

Isn't that kind of like when the cops come charging into a suspect's house and the wife answers the door, sees it's the police and backs up with her hands in the sky, proclaiming that she 'didn't do it'? I don't know, maybe I just watch too many COPS reruns...

McClellan said that if anyone at the White House leaked Plame's identity, he should be fired, and pursued to the "fullest extent."


Release the hounds!

But it does seem like here Mickey C is threatening the WH employees? He will personally can them and then "pursue them to the fullest extent." That's sounds a little mob-esque to me. I don't know. I mean, what's he going to do? Hunt down their extended family and bludgeon them with a microphone?

(Cross posted at BNN)